Visual storytelling with a medical animation
In today’s world, visual stories are crucial; 90 percent of the information transmitted to the brain is visual. Images create emotions, and emotions play a large role in the decision making process. Without visuals, an idea may be lost in a sea of words.
A vivid and conclusive story told in a memorable medical animation, will find its way into the minds of the target audience and stay there. 3D medical animations can be used to explain processes on a molecular level and at an organ level, to illustrate the function of medical devices, as well as to highlight unique molecule features.
Types of Animation
- The video may look like a live-action video, although depending on what is displayed in the frame, achieving photorealism can be extremely costly.
- High-quality character animation will cost at least as much as the highly detailed traditional animation.
- Some types of 3D animations can be done on a lower budget, such as motion graphics 3D animation.
- 3D animation production takes a lot of time due to the length of the production process, as well as the fact that rendering a single frame may take up to several hours of computer time.
- In cases where this is important, 3D can provide a detailed and very accurate picture of the molecules or technical details of medical devices.
- You can take a trip to the inner world of human cells.
- 3D animation can look absolutely fantastic.
- Whiteboard animation conveys conceptual moments very well.
- This kind of animation engages very well – if you are in the mood to follow the hand movements.
- Such an animation is, on average, somewhat cheaper that other types, although this may depend on how you crate it.
- Again, depending on the method of its creation, this type of video can profide a quick investment return.
- You can highlight significant and mask unimportant product characteristics, which allows you to focus only on the details necessary for the story.
- It is organic, the feeling of craftiness is preserved.
- While Disney-style animations can be costly, more limited forms of traditional animations can be made within a reasonable budget. Especially when it comes to short clips (2 to 5 minutes)
The workflow of a medical animation project
With all necessary production departments available in-house, Nanobot has an optimized workflow, allowing the production of tailor-made animated films in various styles, suitable for a wide range of indications and deliverable in any format required.
We are very fortunate to have formed excellent connections with many of our clients. And we’ve developed more than just working relationships with them; we have formed true friendships. Here’s what they had to say about us.
The outcomes improved anything we had, and everybody was satisfied
We enjoyed working with Nanobot Medical Animation Studio on every stage of the work process from the kick-off meeting to the final product delivery. I would say that a superb communication between us is what resulted in a mutual understanding and an excellent VR animation that impressed all our audience at the conference. A great result and a very professional team to work with.
Nanobot had a very sophisticated and well planned process for each stage of the work
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the optimal length of a typical 3D animated film?
Our recommendation is that medical 3D animation videos do not exceed 3 to 4 minutes, as to not to overtax the viewer’s attention span. The general guidelines are: the shorter the better and focus on one topic per video. For subjects that require a more in-depth explanation, we suggest separating the film into individual modules or chapters.
How long does it take to produce an animated film?
In between, there are several feedback rounds, and at two points the client’s legal, regulatory and medical approval is needed: once for the storyboard and once for the final medical animation film. As this is the case exact production time is difficult for us to estimate, as it depends on company-specific approval processes.
This is something that should be considered when calculating overall production time.
How much does 3D medical animation cost?
The cost of a medical animation can vary greatly from project to project. The five most important factors you should consider when planning a project are:
Length of the planned 3D animation
The complexity of the project
Choice of stylistic means (e.g., 2D, 3D, or sketched)
Required medical expertise
Learn more about the costs of an animation in our pricing document:
Download your free eBook
A Rundown Of All The Costs Associated With Creating An Explainer Video
To get more specific details, feel free to contact us, and keep following our news.
We`ve got you covered!